In the last seven months, I’ve learned more about myself and life, than I’ve learned in the last twenty nine years. Cancer has been the biggest fight of my life, the biggest wake up call of my life, and the biggest teacher of my life. Here are a few things that cancer has taught me..
- Miracles happen every day. Every freaking day. I’m a living example that miracles happen. In January, I had cancer in almost every organ in my body. I came extremely close to dying. I was Stage 4 Refractory. I’m now cancer free. If that isn’t a miracle, then I don’t know what is.
- You will learn something from every person you meet. Every single person.
- Live your life while you can and don’t worry about anything else! I can’t tell you how many times while attached to my machine administering my chemo, that I regretted not going on that trip or not going to that party. You only have one life, live it while you can.
- Live in the moment and don’t worry about the future. If you constantly focus on your next move and think that changing cities, jobs, or partners will make you happier, it won’t. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side, it’s greener where you water it. Stop focusing on the future, and focus on living in the moment.
- Not everyone has the same heart as you. Don’t expect people to treat you the same way as you would treat them. You will just end up disappointed.
- Some people never change, and unfortunately never learn. There is nothing that you can do about this.
- All you can do sometimes is keep breathing. Every bad situation will eventually pass.
- A lot of people suck. But for every shitty person out there, there’s a good person.
- When something traumatic in your life happens, look who’s next to you picking up your broken pieces. Those are your real friends. Don’t ever let them go. And don’t ever forget to tell them how much they mean to you.
- Looks don’t matter and they fade. What really matters is what kind of heart a person has.
- Tomorrow is never promised.
- It’s never too late to be the person that you’ve always wanted to be.
- Don’t ever take your health for granted. You could lose it tomorrow.
- You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice that you have. Fact.
- Stop glorifying the term “busy”. There is ALWAYS time, and we make time for the ones that we care about.
- Life is 90% what happens to you, and 10% how you handle it. Seriously. Some situations in our life can be horrible, but it all depends on how you look at them. Change the way that you look at things.
- Say what you mean and mean what you say. We should always tell people how we really feel. It could be the last time that we are able to do so.
Find my book “Talk Cancer To Me” available at amazon here: